Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scent Bar Targets Luxe for Less

The sophisticated fragrance of Scent Bar at a Target price point smells pretty good to me.
By now you probably know that I'm extremely fussy about perfumes, in fact about scented products of any kind. I've had a difficult time finding any I could tolerate for any length of time, until my friend Franco Wright's store, Scent Bar, opened in Los Angeles years ago.

I worked with Franco an age ago, when he was a very young graphic designer, and I was an almost as young copywriter. We went to lunch a lot. We lunched late. And we chatted about everything from advertising to design to our nebulous futures. It didn't surprise me that Franco started the site LuckyScent with a partner. And it didn't surprise me a little later when Scent Bar first opened on Beverly Blvd. Scent Bar was the first dedicated perfume store that stocked incredibly hard to find cult fragrances. It's where I found the scent I wear to this day, Menthe Fraiche by Heeley. When it comes to fragrances, Scent Bar knows its stuff (just try to find the lines they stock in any department store, I challenge you).

So, when I discovered that Scent Bar has a collaboration line at Target, I was thrilled. Priced at just $8.99, this Sunswept scented body wash, mist, lotion smells like a yummy citrus summer. In Italy, no less. It's incredible quality for the masses, so that everyone can smell fantastic instead of synthetic. Order it online at Target, because it's turning into a bestseller pretty fast.

No comments: