Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Keychain to Sanity

It's pretty, pink, and secure.
Perhaps this headline is a tad hyperbolic. A keychain can't really help you maintain your sanity, but an ineffective keychain might help you lose it.

Case in point: my keychain I've carried (and written about for this very blog) for the last two years or so. It's a Bisoni black leather and brass model, and it's quite stylish yet utilitarian. It seemed like the perfect design, until it developed flaws. Like, one side unscrewed seemingly under its own volition, dumping my house key somewhere in or around my car. I was not pleased. In fact, that's putting it mildly. After several more of these annoying incidents and close shaves, I've decided that Bisoni might be baloney. I'm going with this Baggu keychain instead. It's like a mini leash for your keys, but in bright pretty colors. I can stuff it easily into my purse, and find it easily, too. And, apparently, the keychain can be used as a strap attachment for Baggu's cute little pouches for a casual evening out.

At $18, I think this keychain might indeed save my sanity, or at least retard my journey down the road to lunacy. At the amazing Silverlake store, Hemingway and Pickett.

No comments: