Monday, November 17, 2008

What's that smell?


I'll be the first to admit that perfume is a very tough gift item.  Perfume is personal.  It's individual.  It follows you through your everyday life.  And, most of all, it SMELLS.

Smelling, in and of itself, is not a bad thing.   But what smells like a field of flowers to you can smell like a whole heap of allergy to someone else.  My mother used to gasp for breath and roll the windows down in the car (cursing and muttering unmentionables all the while) when faced with a scent she hated.  Now, I believe I've found the possible exception to objectionable perfume: HEELEY.  And one HEELEY scent in particular: Menthe Fraiche.

Basically, it smells like moroccan mint tea mixed with a little sugar (maybe with a bit of lemon mixed in for kicks).  It's not a scent that hangs all over you like a shroud.  It doesn't have any synthetic musk notes that make 'em wheeze.  I wear it myself and I've given it to several people, all of whom love it.  Plus, it smells like food.  And men like things that smell like food.  The only scent that might be better than this one for attracting the opposite sex would be a perfume reeking of pepperoni pizza.

HEELEY perfume is available at www.luckyscent.com.  They'll also send you samples.

No comments: