Thursday, January 20, 2011

Out, Damn Stink

It's mid January in Los Angeles, and it's a stinky time of year. I swear, the dog is itchy and stinking it up, my kid seems smelly and unwashed, and don't even get me started on the kitchen. And I clean up all the time, I swear it.

One thing I really can't tolerate are stinky hands. I cook a lot, and as all cooks know, scents like garlic and onion are lovely in food but foul on fingertips at 3 am. It occurred to me that if I have this problem, many others are suffering as well. This newish soap from Method really does the trick. I don't know what they put in there (although knowing the brand I'm sure it's at least somewhat non-toxic), but this liquid soap zaps the stink. It also leaves the kitchen smelling great, although still smelling like food. There's a lemongrass version, but I prefer the basil. It reminds me of summer, which is comforting in this pallid time of year.

The great thing about this soap is that it's only five bucks and lasts awhile, so you can stock up and even present it (along with other strategically chosen items) as a gift for the cook in your life. Then, say goodbye to disgusting digits. At Method, or a supermarket near you.

No comments: