Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reptile Skin Banishment

I'm supposed to be an amphibian, but after a summer in sun, pollution and air conditioning, I feel more like a reptile. You know the feeling: rough, dull, scaly and old.

My first recommendation is a Korean scrub at Olympic Spa to remove all that dead skin that's piled up. But, since it's not possible to get scrubbed within an inch of one's life every week, a little daily love is required. Now, this is not a beauty blog, but I'm a lotion and body cream junkie. One thing I've noticed is that you don't always have to spend a fortune to get good results. Take, for instance, this Bath and Body Works Lay It On Thick cream. It's formulated suspiciously like the Bliss Body Butter, but for about half the money. An added bonus is that it's available unscented, which is good since B&BW's scents are way too overpowering for me (they clash with perfume; you'll end up smelling like old fruit salad). And, although it's not specifically for hands, it works beautifully on my tired old mitts.

Pick up a tube for yourself (or a scaly friend) at Bath and Body Works for $15 a tube. I'm sure it'll work its magic all winter long, too.

No comments: