Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Really Bad Spring Pants

I know that I'm supposed to be recommending, not ragging all over, things. But every once in a while I run across a fashion item that's just so heinous, I must share my outrage with you.

When I first heard that trouser cut pants were coming back into vogue, I was all in favor of the trend. Trousers tend to look good on many different body types, they are forgiving, and it's possible to eat an entire meal whilst wearing them without feeling like a stuffed sausage. But then I saw these baby blues, and my faith in spring fashion evaporated. What is going on with these pants? Why are they so high waisted, yet also waiting for a flood? What's with the extra long pockets, creating the appearance of the longest hips on earth? Why do fashion designers hate women so? And these are by designer Philip Lim, so they aren't any bargain; you'll shell out about four hundred clams just to look like Ed Grimley.

These high waters from Hell must be destroyed. For an up close and even more depressing look at them, go to Shopbop.

1 comment:

Cam - Bibs and Baubles said...

why on earth would ANYONE wear these? Huh??? UGH!