Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Softest Christmas Cheer

I wasn't kidding when I said I'm skipping Thanksgiving. But, I'm keeping the stuffing with this Christmas gift, perfect for hostesses or anyone in need of decor.

If you celebrate Christmas (as a confused hybrid, I do, but I also fry latkes for Chanukah), a wreath is an indispensable holiday decor item. But those "real" wreaths you purchase at the market don't quite cut it:  the delicious piney smell soon turns to forest fire haze as the thing dries out on your door, liberally sprinkling the threshold every time someone enters the house. They're good in theory, but less than satisfactory in practice. But this gorgeous handmade yarn and felt wreath by ItzFitz is not only festive and beautiful, it will last for years and never soil the foyer. Just look at those beautiful felt flowers in Christmasy colors!

You can find ItzFitz on Etsy, where there are many, many more wreaths to choose from, from super holiday to far more neutral. This year, when it comes to decor, get stuffed and stay tidy.

1 comment:

MissyLAmomsDig said...

That wreath IS gorgeous. I'm going to check it out now. I have a friend (and business partner) that would love that wreath. I think I can check her off my list. Thanks for the help!!!